I love craft beer. I love running. Why wouldn’t we mix these two together to create a spectacular event that celebrates both? While many races have a beer garden at the finish, most offer a very underwhelming choice of beer. The Craft Classic race series proudly serves local craft beer at the finish line of each of the three races (Green Flash Brewing for San Diego, Redhook Brewery in Seattle and Huss Brewing in Phoenix). I was an ambassador for and ran the San Diego Craft Classic last year and had a blast with my Oiselle teammates at the beer garden afterward. This year I want to spread the joy of this race yet again.
5 Reasons to Run the San Diego Craft Classic Half Marathon or 5K (or Phoenix Craft Classic or Seattle Craft Classic)
If mentioning craft beer wasn’t enough, here are 5 more reasons why you should run either the San Diego, Phoenix, or Seattle Craft Classic Half Marathon or 5K this year:
- Free race photos. We all love to look to our race photos after we finish a race (even if it does make us cringe sometimes to see ourselves at that unflattering angle that most photographers seem to love), but usually they are so expensive we can’t even justify purchasing them. The Craft Classic offers FREE race photos for all participants. And last year I actually really loved my photos!
- Race TANK TOP. I don’t know about you, but I personally never wear my race t-shirts if they are short sleeved. I greatly prefer tank tops and I was thrilled that the Craft Classic offers a women’s tank top. All race shirts cleverly say “On a Beer Run” and you can request a t-shirt if you don’t want the tank top.
- Discount for gear at Road Runner Sports. The Craft Classic series is put on by Road Runner Sports and you’ll receive a bonus discount code to use for shopping (including shoes!) before and after the race. Save your next shoe purchase for race weekend and stock up!
- Small race vibes and ease! The Craft Classic is a small race which means that parking is easy, there’s no hassle getting your bib at a giant expo and race day runs smoothly. There were plenty of port-o-potties and relatively short lines at the San Diego race last year and I anticipate it’ll be the same this year. But, unlike many small races, the Craft Classic also offers live athlete tracking so your friends and family can keep up with your progress along the course.
- Souvenir Pint Glass. I LOVE this perk. Mike and I are collectors of pint glasses and coffee cups and often buy them at expos so it’s always fun to get one for free.
Craft Classic Discount Code
Are you sold!? Who is with me? The San Diego race takes place July 16, the Phoenix race is October 15th and the Seattle race is September 10th. If you’d like to join in on the fun this year at a discount, use these discount codes to register here:
FATALE5K – $5 off Craft Classic 5K
FATALEHALF – $10 off Craft Classic Half Marathon
Craft Classic Half Marathon Race Entry Giveaway
Sadly, I cannot participate in this year’s race becuase I will be out of town at the Beachbody Coach Summit in New Orleans. But, because I love this race so much, I am paying it forward and giving away one free entry to any Craft Classic race!!! It’s easy to enter by completing 3 requirements:
- Comment below and tell me your favorite type of beer (or if you don’t drink beer, your favorite post-race treat).
- Head on over to my Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/fitnessfataleblog and ‘like’ my page (I’ll check! If you already like it, no need to do anything here).
- Last, comment on the link to this blog post on my Facebook page.
- Bonus entry for tagging a friend in your comment on Facebook.
Contest closes Sunday, March 5th at 10 PM Pacific. Winner will be announced next Monday, March 6th in my weekly recap blog post. Good luck!