Happy Friday!!! A shout out to Katie, one of my fav bloggers and also future CdA Ironman 2012 participant, for inventing this fun little Friday tradition. Although this is my first time partaking, I enjoy reading people’s facts.
With triathlon consuming my life (every hour – including sleep and those precious moments before your fall asleep), I thought it’d be nice to change it up and talk about something else – my life outside triathlon!
1. Every morning I listen to the radio from my beat up boom box that I’ve had since I was 16 years old. It only picks up 2 stations in my house and it looks like a complete disaster but I still use it. I tried to replace it this year but discovered that boom boxes no longer exist, or at least aren’t sold at Target.
2. I have recently become much more cautious about attempting dangerous acts. I went through a phase post-college where I quit my job, broke up with my boyfriend, partied my face off, then quit my new job, and backpacked through Southeast Asia for over four months. I traveled alone for about 1.5 months of this trip and did crazy things like accept an offer to drive my own motorbike through the busy streets and mountains of Vietnam for 8 hours without ever having driven one before (and with a faulty helmet). I came very close to crashing twice during said adventure and I did it all because I met a British boy that I thought was cute who invited me to join him. Stupid. A month or so later I got in a motorbike accident while in Thailand while riding on the back of a friends bike but obviously survived. Later that year, the same friend I was riding with died in SE Asia in a motorbike accident. I will never let alone I love or even know ride a motorbike again.
3. I am a numbers person. I am obsessed with numbers and I make detailed spreadsheets for everything I do – Ironman training, bachelorette planning, my personal budget (which I don’t follow), you name it.
4. For me, it’s all or nothing. I’m not good at “cutting back” on anything – hence the fact that despite last week’s post on dessert, I have not cut back at all on my sugar intake. However, when I did P90X I gave up several of my vices successfully for 90 days.
5. I snooze once every day. I used to snooze 2-3 times every morning, so I’ve made an improvement. I think this is the thing about me that annoys Mike the most.
6. I have a list of things I want to do before I have babies. I will be really disappointed if I don’t do them all.
7. The only time I’ve ever lived more than 10 minutes away from the ocean was when I studied abroad in Madrid in college. I hope this never changes (unless I get to live in Madrid again!).
8. I recently learned more about how to invest my money in stocks and it makes me much more excited about saving money every month.
9. We don’t have a dishwasher.
10. I still compare every physical task that I complete to when I climbed Mt. Rinjani in Indonesia because it was by far the most difficult physical venture of my life. Now that I am in much better shape than I was when I climbed it (it was 1.5 months into my backpacking trip where I lived off of pad thai, fried spring rolls and curry and exercise was rare), I wonder if it would be so epic if I did it again.
11. I have always been boy crazy. Now there is just one boy and I’ve never been happier.
12. I didn’t know what an Ironman was until I dated a guy who said he had done one. He told me he worked out before AND after work and I thought he was crazy.
13. I buy 3-5 avocados a week, no matter how much they cost. I’ve paid up to $2.50 per avocado but fully believe it’s worth the money (this weekend I found them for 33 cents each! Score!).
14. My biggest TV weakness is the show Big Brother. I look forward to every summer so that I can watch it 3 days a week (it airs 3 episodes per week!). Mike and I even bought the live feed so we can watch the house guests 24/7.
15. Last night I had a dream that I found out that my cousins’s real dad is Joey Fatone.
Are you addicted to Big Brother, snoozing or avocados? If so, let’s be friends! 🙂