As I wrote in my last post, I started my own detox this week. I cut out added sugar, alcohol and caffeine. I already eat a mostly plant-based diet at home but when heading to restaurants I tend to make more exceptions. Until my goal race on April 28 I will be very careful about my diet. The hardest part will be the first month which I’ve set the highest standards for myself (that blog post is here). I’m on Day 6 now and I’m already feeling better!
If you aren’t sure how to approach a detox or a cleanse, there is help out there. First, DO NOT do anything extreme like the Master Cleanse or a full juice cleanse, especially if you are an athlete. Drinking lemon juice, cayenne and maple syrup isn’t going to make you feel better. Eating clean will do the trick.
Beachbody recently came out with a program called the Ultimate Reset that helps ease your way into a cleanse. The program is not about starvation – you will receive recipes for three satisfying meals a day as well as a list of snacks that are allowed. The program is 21 days long and is split into three week segments:
- Week 1, Reclaim: Slowly remove animal protein from your diet as well as caffeine. Start taking the Reset’s daily supplements called Oxygenize, Mineralize, Optimize and Alkalinize. This phase helps ease you into the cleanse so that your body isn’t shocked.
- Week 2, Release: Completely remove animal protein from your diet. You will take the same supplements but add another one called Detox.
- Week 3, Restore: Cut back on grains. The Detox supplement is replaced by Revitalize.
When you purchase the program, you will receive the following:
- Six Supplements
- Two DVDs. One explains the program and one is a cooking class!
- Participant Guidebook which further explains the program.
- Reset bracelet which provides a physical reminder of your dedication.
- Unlimited support from the Beachbody team!
According to Beachbody, the Ultimate Reset will:
- Remove Harmful Toxins
- Lose Weight Safely
- Increase Energy
- Lower “Bad” Cholesterol
- Boost Mood and Mental Clarity
- Reduce Inflammation
- Improve Regularity
The Ultimate Reset is perfect for anyone who wants to rid themselves of cravings and feel and look better. I think that this cleanse is a perfect introduction to a cleaner, healthier long-term diet. After the reset you will hopefully not want to go back to your old ways of putting processed foods into your body. Of course, an occasional treat for a special occasion is ok, but your body will thank you if you stick to the principles you learned in the Ultimate Reset!
It’s not recommended that do the reset if you are pregnant or breast feeding. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at nwoyski at gmail dot com.
You can purchase using the link below! (If you have previously ordered from Team Beachbody and want me to be your coach, please email Beachbody Relations firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know that you want to switch to me, Nicole Woyski, Coach ID # 98354. Please wait for a response before placing your order. Thank you!).