This Sunday my amazing Maid of Honor Asia, one of my great friends and bridesmaids Erin and several other friends and family helped plan an incredible bridal shower in my honor. I was blown away by the amazing decor and personal details! It was so thoughtful and wonderful and I feel very lucky to have so many amazing women who care about me so much in my life.
Below are some photos from the day taken by my talented Step Mom Denice who is also a wedding photographer (woyski.com). Highlights included:
- My own bride name tag (see above photo)!
- Catered lunch from one of my favorite veggie-friendly eateries
- Urban Plates, mini-cupcakes and cheesecakes from my favorite bakery, Elizabethan
- Delicious vodka lemonade or mimosa drinks
- Homemade iced coffee!
- Cute favors with mini nail polish and Mike and Nicole personalized chap-sticks
- A game where everyone had an envelope under their seat with a cut out photo of a famous man OR a photo of Mike. The person who the photo of Mike won a price.
- A game where everyone got a set of sticks with a mustache and lips and there were 10 quotes read off which were said by either me or by Mike about things about our relationship or each other. Everyone had to guess who said it by raising one of the sticks. Whoever guessed the most correctly won.
- Bridal Shower Bingo to make gift opening more entertaining.
- Decor similar to my wedding theme (grey, white and yellow with chevron) including grey and white swivel straws, a cute Mr and Mrs. sign over the mantle, a chevron BRIDE sign behind my chair, a count-down sign announcing the number of days left til we get married, white and yellow balloons and pom-poms, beautiful white and yellow flowers from Mike’s mom’s garden, and more!
It was so awesome to spend time with so many women I love! It also made me realize how quickly the wedding day will fly by. I felt like I didn’t get to spend any quality time with anyone and I wanted more time! It was an incredible afternoon and I’m so thankful for everyone who contributed and attended!