Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I’m happy to say that I am actually loving some things lately which inspired me to write this post. The first trimester really hit me hard and I found myself really low at times. Having little energy, feeling sick all the time, and not having my normal motivation to be productive in all areas of my life really got to me. It was a rough couple of months. I know it’s all worth it, but man, it was tough and at times, depressing. I’m really thankful to be feeling a lot better now and to know after our 18 weeks anatomy scan that both baby girls are healthy and doing well.
Here’s what I’m loving lately:
- Friendsgiving – We hosted the third rendition of our annual Friendsgiving party and it was a blast! For the first time we made the party adults only which made it a lot more fun – we could actually talk to each other! The first year we hosted, Siena was only 2 months old and we only had a handful of friends with children. Now, most of our guest have at least 1-2 kids and the party would taken on a whole new element with everyone there! This year I decided to decorate a little more and make it a little more formal with indoor seating for everyone in our new house. It was a blast!
- Running – I’m thankful to still be running right now. I know I won’t be running much longer so I’m soaking in every moment I can while it lasts. It truly makes me feel like myself, even if running itself doesn’t feel as good as it used to.
- Apples- Now that my nausea is mostly gone, I cannot stop eating apples! They are my favorite mid morning snack right now. Siena loves them too! Luckily Costco sells organic fuji apples in bulk.
- The Walking Dead – I’m a big fan and have been for several years now. This season is really good and I’m loving it! Happy to see Rick fighting Negan!
- A Little Obsessed – If you’re also a 21 Day Fix fan like me, you probably already know about the new program that trainer Autumn Calabrese is launching on January 15th. It’s called 80 Day Obsession and it’s a 3 month long program that is designed to change your body. It includes a whole new nutrition plan and from what I know, 80 unique workouts. Last week and the week before, Autumn recorded 5 workouts live each day that were available on Beachbody on Demand for just 24 hours each. They were called “A Little Obsessed” and were a preview of what’s to come. I absolutely LOVED the workouts and it really put a fire in me that hasn’t been there in a while. Nothing like a new program to do that to you. Sadly, I won’t actually be committing to this program until at least 6 weeks postpartum (likely a few weeks longer than that), so I’ll probably have to wait until June or July to test it out. (I’ll still be hosting challenge groups starting in January for the program though!)
- Lively Bras – My boobs have grown a full size in pregnancy and none of my bras fit (I treated myself to new bras after I was done breastfeeding last time and the ones I wore before are long gone). Asia recommended I check on the online company Lively and I ended up ordering 3 bras for only $75 & free shipping – two are t-shirt bras and one is a nursing bra. I love all of them!!! They are all incredibly comfy and come in this adorable box (I’m a sucker for good presentation). I hated the nursing bras I got before so I’ll definitely be getting a few more of the nursing ones when the time comes. If you want to check it out yourself, I’d really appreciate if you’d use my referral link (not sponsored post, I just get points if you buy something!).
What is your favorite kind of apple? Do you watch The Walking Dead? What are you into lately?
PS If you’re currently pregnant, please join my Healthy & Happy Pregnancy Facebook support group!