When 80 Day Obsession was released back in January, I had several challengers take it on! Several of my challengers were returning (they’d already done 21 Day Fix or Extreme) and some were brand new. I knew that it would take dedication and commitment for everyone in our group to finish the program, and many hit road blocks and paused it or stopped. But several of my challengers pushed through and finished and they were rewarded with so much more than a victory on the scale.
For those who are new to my blog, a challenge group is a group of people who come together to complete Beachbody programs virtually together. I host the group in the free, private My Challenge Tracker app and everyone has the ability to log their workouts and shakes daily (optional to share this with the group or not) and track progress on things like measurements, weight and photos (this is all private to you). Every day I post a motivational message or fitness/health tip that you’ll see first thing in the morning, sometimes with a fun optional mini challenge for you to complete (share a recipe, make 3 goals for the week, etc), and people in the group will ask questions and share recipes and other support with one another. My groups are open to anyone doing any program and generally we have quite a few moms and runners, but plenty of people who are neither have joined and loved the groups too.
Erin is one of my challengers who finished the program despite having a lot of obstacles in her way. She completed every single 80 Day Obsession workout – however, she gave herself some flexibility with the nutrition plan. I asked her to give us her honest feedback on the program and the challenge group. Erin, thank you for sharing your 80 Day Obsession results with us – your dedication is inspiring!!!
Erin’s 80 Day Obsession Results
- Age and Kids’ Age: 36 years old, Beckham (4) and Ruby (2)
- Which Program Did You Do: 80 Day Obsession
- Why did you decide to join the challenge group? I joined the challenge group to help motivate me and keep me accountable with the program. I wanted to do the program as my kids are getting to the age where they want to do a lot of active play and I want to keep up with them. Also, I am thinking about having a third child and want to be in the best shape possible heading into that (especially because I will be considered of “advanced maternal age”!).
- What was your biggest obstacle during the program and how did you overcome it? The biggest obstacle was that I wanted to do every workout and I wanted to do it on the day intended (i.e., I didn’t want to skip one and make it up by doubling up on a day or by pushing it to Sunday/rest day). I knew that if I wasn’t strict about committing to EVERY workout on EVERY day, I wouldn’t full commit to the program (kind of an “all in” attitude). During this time, I knew that we would have lots of events and trips that I would have to work around. This included a trip to Oklahoma/Texas to visit family, trips to Southern California to visit family, a few trips to Napa, amongst others…as well as many holidays like Valentine’s Day, Easter, and my birthday. No matter what happened or where we were going, I made plans in advance to ensure I got my workout in (this included bringing my loops and sliders to Texas/Oklahoma and checking out every hotel we stayed in to make sure they would have the weight selections I needed). In addition to advanced planning when I would have to do workouts on trips, I also did my workouts in the mornings. This was HUGE for my success. I am NOT a morning person. It was rough the first couple of weeks so I had to really focus on going to bed earlier, but then it just became a habit. Now I can’t imagine not working out as soon as I wake up.
- What was your favorite workout (and why)? My favorite workout was Booty! I loved how it challenged me and I especially loved the results (I thought I was doomed to have “mom booty” the rest of my life…about mid-way through the program I told my husband, “I’m feeling/seeing glimpses of my 20-something booty!”)!
- How did completing the program make you feel? Completing the program made me remember that I am strong and I need to put my health first. When I had kids it was easy to put everyone else’s needs ahead of mine. By focusing on my health first, I’m realizing that I can actually be there for my kids MORE, not less. I have more energy to meet their needs and am more focused when I am with them.
- Share any physical results and the timeframe that you achieved them in. I lost 8 pounds and 12.5 inches [over 13 weeks of the program]. I followed ALL of the workouts, but I did not follow the nutrition plan. I loosely followed the timed nutrition and container system Monday through Friday afternoon. However, I was very flexible on my weekends. I know that if I was more strict, I would have significantly better results. However, I wanted to have a little bit of balance through the program as I wanted it to be something I could sustain forever. I also wanted to make sure that my goals were achievable. Doing all of the workouts on the scheduled dates was already a huge hurdle and following the diet during the week was another, so I didn’t beat myself up about not being perfect.
- What was your favorite thing about the challenge group? My favorite part was that I had people rooting me on and that I also had others that were doing the program alongside me. I looked for them to log the workout of the day and I knew they were looking for me to log my workout (especially as we were nearing the end of the 80 day obsession challenge). I also loved the group because I could get questions about the workouts answered quickly…for example, one of the exercises was bothering my knees and someone in the group suggested how I could alter the exercise so that I didn’t hurt my knees.
- What surprised you most about the group or program ? I think I was most surprised by my results and how strong I feel! I am lifting heavier than I ever have and I feel amazing! I have so much energy.
Congrats again Erin! One thing I really noticed about Erin’s before and after photos was how much HAPPIER she looks in the final photo. She looks strong and confident!
I personally plan to do 80 Day Obsession this summer – want to join me?! You can do either 80 Day Obsession or my old favorites, 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme. My next accountably group starts on May 14th and I host them every single month – you can fill out this form to get more info and to sign up. I’ll be easing back into exercise myself this month once I’m cleared by my doctor and then I plan to do a round of 21 Day Fix Extreme and A Little Obsessed to get me ready before diving head first into 80 Day Obsession.