I hope you are enjoying the holiday season and got some much deserved downtime! The lesson I learned for myself this Christmas is that I need to be better about over-planning and give our family more downtime than I realize. Everything takes me longer than I think and preparing and packing our family up to be away for only 1.5 days over Christmas took me 2 days (and unpacking took another day). That being said, we had a wonderful Christmas and it was SO special watching Siena get so wrapped up in the joy and excitement of the holiday. It’s safe to say that Santa is her new best friend.
My birthday is on Christmas and on Christmas eve my family surprised me by singing happy birthday to me, which we usually don’t do. It was special to me! Mike and I went out to dinner last night to celebrate as well and I may be doing a small dinner with some close girlfriends as well. I’m 35 now and in a whole new age group – woohoo!
If you read my last post, 2018 was a really hard year. But I didn’t want to ignore the fact that I set some goals last year, and as usual, I want to go back and see how they went! I’m still working on my 2019 goals and will share those soon.
My 2018 word for the year was “grace.” I did my best to remind myself of this motto throughout the year – when things were hard, when they didn’t go my way, when I had major mom guilt over this or that…I reminded myself that I deserve grace. I am not perfect, I won’t ever be. I’m doing my best and that’s ok. In the end, I achieved and did a lot more this year than I expected and I’m not going to beat myself up about my failures.
As for my 2018 fitness goals, here’s how they went:
- As soon as I’m cleared to exercise, get out for ONE run outside a week (alone or with a friend, no strollers!). Check! I was pleasantly surprised by how much outdoor running I was able to do this year, in fact I’ve only run on the treadmill a handful of times.
- Complete the 80 Day Obsession program as closely as possible once I’m ready, including the nutrition plan. Half check…. I am going to complete 80 Day Obsession in early January and I did NOT follow the nutrition plan, at all. But I made this goal before knowing that LIIFT4 was going to come out and I did complete that program, including the nutrition plan and had amazing results.
- Run one half marathon (probably toward the end of the year). Yes! I ran the Rock n’ Roll Los Angeles Half Marathon and had a great time and felt super strong! It went way better than I expected.
- Run at least one trail race (any distance). I didn’t make this a priority at all so it didn’t happen.
- Give myself grace if one or none of the above happens. See #2 and #4. I’m happy with this year and achieved a lot more than I expected of myself with newborn twins at home.
Anyone else get really giddy thinking about new goals for the new year? I’d say I’m almost more excited for that then I was for the holidays…call me crazy! I think 2019 is going to be an incredible year!
Happy New Year!
What was one goal you achieved this year? What was one that you didn’t?
Ready to commit to your health and fitness goals in 2019? Join my January accountability group! Complete a Beachbody program of your choice and you’ll get daily accountability and support from me and likeminded busy ladies in our private app. Get more info and/or join here.