To be totally honest, when I started my Beachbody coach business 3 years ago, I really didn’t think I’d still be doing it now! I started coaching when I was on maternity leave with my first daughter – I took an extra 3 months unpaid, and I had been doing home workouts again because I just couldn’t find time to get to a workout class or the gym (when I did get free time for myself, I would go for a run!) and figured I might as well share the programs I loved with others and earn some extra income.
I wasn’t at my pre-pregnancy weight yet when I started and I honestly didn’t really even know what I was doing. I didn’t over-analyze it, I just pushed past my fears, jumped in and learned as I went. I made mistakes – looking back sometimes I cringe at some of the stuff I put out there – but I was still inspiring others to make positive changes in their health and fitness and it was making ME more accountable to my own goals, so it was all worth it!
Now that I’ve grown a large, successful team of my own and I regularly talk to people about Beachbody coaching, I have a pretty good grasp of some of the reasons why people decide to join and some of the misconceptions or fears that they have that are holding them back from starting or continuing.
Top 5 Misconceptions About Beachbody Coaching
- You need to be super fit or at your goal weight to be a Beachbody coach. Beachbody coaching is all about the journey – NOT the end result. Leave it to the top trainers who design the programs like Autumn Calabrese or Jericho McMatthews to have the perfect body – a Beachbody coach’s job is simply to follow the workout programs, share their honest experience through them on social media and with their network, provide value to their followers in the form of tips or advice on what has worked for THEM (not be an expert), and inspire others to come along for the journey. No one relates to perfect and people relate more to your “before” photo than your “after” photo – they see the two side by side and think, “If she can do it, I can too!” Your job as a coach is to inspire and motivate and be an example of what the journey looks like, no matter how messy or imperfect it is.
- Beachbody coaches send hundreds of spammy messages to strangers a day. My team does NOT support or encourage “Hey girl” random messages to strangers on social media. We are all about developing relationships and friendships through social media and in real life that translate into clients and customers with time. Yes, I DO personally invite people to join me to both my challenge groups and coaching, but only if they are showing interest in my content and/or we already have a relationship.
- Beachbody coaching is a pyramid scheme. Beachbody coaching is a network marketing and multi-level marketing company, meaning that instead of Beachbody spending all of its marketing and advertising budget on ads and giving their money to Facebook or Google, they put that money toward paying a commission to fans (aka coaches) of the product who want to share it with others. Beachbody coaches also earn an income from the sales of coaches they recruit and bring into their team, which means that potentially as your team exponentially expands, your income also exponentially expands. Instead of getting a 2-3% raise at a salaried job, Beachbody coaches have the potential to earn 2-10X (or more) income each year based on their own hard work. (Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Team Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach’s income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill.). Pyramid schemes sell no products and are illegal and we are definitely not one.
- I have to want to or be able to quit my job to be a Beachbody coach. I hear this one a lot!!! Although I did quit my full time job in corporate accounting to be home with my daughter and do Beachbody coaching part time, it is NOT required to want to quit your job or to quit your job at all to be a coach. Most of the coaches on my team have full-time jobs and coach on the side, working as little as 30 minutes a day on their business, and other days perhaps 2 hours. Beachbody coaching is something you can pursue as a hobby to help others, keep yourself accountable, and earn a little extra income. It can also be an avenue toward financial freedom and replace your full time income and beyond – with time. You aren’t going to join Beachbody and replace your full time income in the first few months, but it IS possible to replace it in the long term, even while working a full time job.
- I have to have a big social media following or be a social media expert to be a good Beachbody coach. Most of my coaches earn their first paycheck even BEFORE they do a post on social media!!! Coaching isn’t JUST about social media, though it is a big part of it. However, social media is a learned skill and we have training in place to teach you (and you’ll learn as you go). In fact, a 4 time top Beachbody coach started her business with less than 200 Facebook friends and no other social media accounts. The most important thing is that you are willing to learn! On that same note, once you become a coach, you won’t suddenly be only sharing information about coaching and scare away all your existing followers – you will continue to be YOU and just share your experience with Beachbody between those other moments of your life that make you human and relatable!
I’m so glad that I didn’t let my fears or misconceptions hold me back from joining. While I totally get that Beachbody coaching isn’t for everyone, it IS for me. I love the time freedom, flexibility, my incredible supportive and likeminded coach community, and the way that it pushes me to constantly learn and grow. I get paid to workout, I mean what could be more FUN!?
Join The Next No-Obligation Coach Info Session to Learn More About Beachbody Coaching
This business is SIMPLE and I truly believe that anyone can be successful at it! If you’re curious about what it would be like to be a coach on MY team (we are all over the US, Canada and UK and most of us are moms and/or runners!), I’m inviting you to join us at our coach info session on Facebook this Thursday. Coaches on my team and I will be posting short live videos throughout the day that you can watch back at your own time. No obligation at all – just the chance to see if this is something that may or may not be the right fit for you! To get added to the private group (or to learn more at ANY time), please fill out this form.