I love that Beachbody is constantly coming out with NEW programs to help keep things interesting and challenge us! The latest program, Morning Meltdown 100 releases in July 2019 and it’s going to be awesome!!! Not only are there 100 UNIQUE workouts, but each workout is mixed with incredible music by a live DJ in the studio!
What Is Morning Meltdown 100?
Morning Meltdown is the brand new Beachbody on Demand program from Jericho McMatthews. It will combine strength training, cardio, barre, flexibility and MMA in 100 unique workouts, which will all flow to the beats mixed from a live DJ in the studio! The program intends for you to create or maintain a morning workout routine, but it is NOT required that the workouts be done in the morning.
The program is going to be REALLY fun and unique! I already tried the sample workout and loved how different it is from other programs I’ve done! There were several moves I had NEVER done before ever (and I’ve worked out A LOT so that’s saying something)!! The workouts will progress in difficulty throughout the program, yet will challenge you from the beginning!
LET’S BREAK IT DOWN
- Fitness Level: Intermediate (with 2 modifiers)
- Length: 100 workouts, 20–30 Min/workouts
- Equipment: Weights & Fitness/Yoga Mat
- Goals: Fat Burning & Muscle Toning
- Trainer: Jericho McMatthews
- Launch Date: July 29th, 2019 (offers available July 1st)
- LIVE DJ mixing every single workout!
What Will The Workouts in MM100 Be Like & What Equipment is Needed?
All 100 workouts are broken down into 5 phases of 20 workouts each. In each phase, you’ll do a 10-workout cycle of 20- to 30-minute workouts, and then heat up the intensity and repeat those 10 with extra challenges. Light, medium, and heavy dumbbells are required (mat is optional). Source.
Sweat to the beat while you work to improve your aerobic endurance.
Sculpt a stronger back, chest, shoulders, and arms with rhythm-based time-under-tension moves.
Burn out your abs and melt off layers with challenging core-strengthening exercises.
TOTAL BODY BADASS
Build full-body strength with lighter weights and intense plyometric exercises in this exhilarating workout.
Half yoga-flow inspired, half mobility workout, this routine is designed to help with your recovery.
This high-intensity interval training workout is designed to torch the fat off your body.
Build stronger quads, hamstrings, and glutes with rhythm-based time-under-tension moves.
Jericho draws from a variety of mixed martial arts disciplines for an incredible core-shredding cardio session.
Break the beat with total-body strength training which will challenge your cardiovascular system to help you build muscle and melt major calories.
Refresh and revive as you recover with a yoga-inspired flow and then transition into deep, static stretches that aid in recovery.
100 Workouts NOT 100 Days
This program is designed with 100 workouts but it is not required to complete it in 100 days. It is meant to work with YOUR lifestyle and schedule.
Here are some ways you could make Morning Meltdown 100 work for you:
- Complete 1 workout a day without missing and finish 100 workouts in 100 days.
- Complete all 100 workouts in 100 days with rest days and stacking workouts on days you miss (so do two workouts to make it a 40 minute or 50 minute workout that day).
- Complete all 100 workouts in longer than 100 days by simply taking rest days when needed and then picking up where you left off.
- Modify Morning Meltdown 100 to work with your running (this is what I’ll be doing – more on a Morning Meltdown and running hybrid below).
How to Combine Morning Meltdown 100 With Running or Half Marathon Training
Morning Meltdown 100 comes out 3 weeks before my August half marathon and YES I plan to start the program with everyone on July 29th! I am tentatively also planning a goal half marathon in December (to go for a PR!) so I will be continuing to run while doing Morning Meltdown 100 this summer and fall.
Based on reading the workout descriptions, this is how I think I will approach Morning Meltdown 100 and running and training for a half marathon:
- Skip the 3 cardio workouts OR if one of them is around 20 minutes, potentially add it on to another 20 minute workout.
- Schedule the upper body only “Upbeat Strength” or the core only “Core Inferno” for the day before or same day as my speed workout.
- Schedule the lower body only “Downbeat Strength” any day but the day before my speed workout or long run.
- Most likely this means I will NOT be doing the workout program in the order on the workout calendar (since the program materials aren’t available at this point, I can’t even tell you how the calendar works, I will definitely do an updated post once I have all this info.)
- Won’t do any strength training runs the week of the race.
- Sometimes stack two shorter workouts on top of each other when time/energy allows.
- Most importantly, I’ll listen to my body. Since my half marathon training will be my #1 priority, I will rest when needed! I love that there are two active recovery workouts to do when I need them!
I will be doing regular blog updates of how I end up combining Morning Meltdown100 with running as I work through the program. You can also follow me on Instagram to see how I do it!
Want to work with a Beachbody Coach who understands how to mix these programs with running and join my accountability groups full of runners? Fill out this form.
Morning Meltdown Nutrition Plan
Morning Meltdown 100 comes with it’s own nutrition plan, or you can use one of the Beachbody nutrition only programs along with it (Ultimate Portion Fix or 2B Mindset). As always, I recommend that all clients who are looking to lose weight and tone up follow the nutrition plan along with drink Shakeology for best results.
The nutrition plan is portion-control based (no counting calories) and includes lots of yummy recipes! I also share recipes in my accountability group.
Morning Meltdown Results
Here are some great progress photos from the coach test group who just wrapped up MM100 last week.
Are You Up for the Challenge?
All I can think about is how proud I’m going to feel when I complete 100 workouts!
Can you imagine how great you will feel (and look) after completing this challenge? Remember, it’s not about being perfect – it’s about completing the workouts, no matter how long it takes you!
I want to do this with you!!! If you want to join our July 29th private Morning Meltdown 100 virtual accountability group and go through this together, please fill out the form below. We start July 29th, but packages are available starting July 1 that will get you access to 5 prep workouts!
My accountability groups are full of runners and/or moms who are REAL people going through this together. We share the struggles along with the accomplishments and it’s a fun, supportive community! I’d love for you to join us!
Fill out the form below to get more information on how to get started!