This week has been crazy! I have been busy and haven’t had much time to blog so I thought it’d be fun to bust out one of Katie’s Random Fact Fridays. Here we go!
1. After my 1 month Dailey Method membership expired, I purchased a 10 pack with the intention of going to class at least once a week during marathon training. Due to the race last week, I went 10 days without attending class until this morning. Absence really makes the heart grow fonder because now I can’t wait to get back to my next class!
2. This week in Girls on Track we talked about gratitude. It was probably my favorite lesson so far. We talked about how we can choose react any situation with an attitude of graciousness instead of disappointment or anger – i.e. looking on the bright side of all situations. After spending much of my childhood throwing myself a pity party and often looking at the worst in a situation, I learned as I grew up that the only person I’m hurting by doing so is myself. Now I always try to find the best in a situation (sometime I fail but hey I’m human) rather than dwelling on the worst.
3. During the Girls on Track workout, each girl had to say something she was thankful for every time she ran a lap. My favorite was one girl said she was thankful for “filet mignon with a cabernet reduction.” I didn’t even know what any of that meant when I was in middle school and I was certainly too picky to eat it.
4. Growing up, I was kind of obsessed with quotes and poetry. I kept several journals full of quotes. One of my favorites was “Life is like freshly fallen snow, be careful where you walk for every step will show.” In my high school yearbook we were allowed to write a small quote under our Senior photo. There weren’t enough lines for my quote and they shortened it to “Life is like snow. Be careful where you step.” Fail.
5. Although I’ve voted in every Presidential election since I turned 18, this is the first one that I’ve paid a lot of attention to. It’s been fun watching the conventions and debates with Mike and learning more about where our country is going.
6. Since starting my Pfzitzinger training plan, I’ve logged all my miles in Daily Mile. I really like it although I’m not going to try to keep up with the social media aspect of commenting on everyone’s workouts. I already have enough to worry about.
7. Since starting Dailey Method, I spell the word “daily” like “Dailey” every time. Then I have to correct myself. I did that while writing #6.
8. I don’t close cupboards or drawers or turn off lights. It drives Mike nuts.
9. On Wednesday I attended the Girls on Track mid-season meeting at a pilates/spin studio called BodyRok. After the meeting I tried a pilates class on the reformer for the first time. That machine is like a tricked out torture device! I was on the fence about whether or not I liked it, but my abs and inner thighs were super sore the next day from only a 25 minute workout so I know it’s effective!
10. This morning I ate oatmeal and half a donut for breakfast at my desk, bite for bite. It was delicious.
Happy Friday! Any Friday facts you want to share?
Leave a Reply