This Sunday my amazing Maid of Honor Asia, one of my great friends and bridesmaids Erin and several other friends and family helped plan an incredible bridal shower in my honor. I was blown away by the amazing decor and personal details! It was so thoughtful and wonderful and I feel very lucky to have so many amazing women who care about me so much in my life.
Below are some photos from the day taken by my talented Step Mom Denice who is also a wedding photographer (woyski.com). Highlights included:
- My own bride name tag (see above photo)!
- Catered lunch from one of my favorite veggie-friendly eateries
- Urban Plates, mini-cupcakes and cheesecakes from my favorite bakery, Elizabethan
- Delicious vodka lemonade or mimosa drinks
- Homemade iced coffee!
- Cute favors with mini nail polish and Mike and Nicole personalized chap-sticks
- A game where everyone had an envelope under their seat with a cut out photo of a famous man OR a photo of Mike. The person who the photo of Mike won a price.
- A game where everyone got a set of sticks with a mustache and lips and there were 10 quotes read off which were said by either me or by Mike about things about our relationship or each other. Everyone had to guess who said it by raising one of the sticks. Whoever guessed the most correctly won.
- Bridal Shower Bingo to make gift opening more entertaining.
- Decor similar to my wedding theme (grey, white and yellow with chevron) including grey and white swivel straws, a cute Mr and Mrs. sign over the mantle, a chevron BRIDE sign behind my chair, a count-down sign announcing the number of days left til we get married, white and yellow balloons and pom-poms, beautiful white and yellow flowers from Mike’s mom’s garden, and more!
It was so awesome to spend time with so many women I love! It also made me realize how quickly the wedding day will fly by. I felt like I didn’t get to spend any quality time with anyone and I wanted more time! It was an incredible afternoon and I’m so thankful for everyone who contributed and attended!
kelly @ racesrepsramblings
Wohoo! This is seriously so stinking adorable! I LOVE all the details. Asia and the gang really did a great job. 🙂 And your step-mom takes such wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing! You’re almost to the big day!
Everything is so cute! Wow the big day is coming up so fast. I can’t wait to see pictures of your wedding!
Abby @ Change of Pace
Firstly, you look fabulous! Secondly, the shower looks incredible! You can tell how much thought and effort went into it!
I remember being overwhelmed throughout our pre-wedding festivities for the kindness and love I felt from all my family and friends!
Thank you ! It was a great day and I feel very lucky 🙂
How fun! I love all the details and the pictures are so great! Congrats to you 🙂 I’m heading to a bridal shower this weekend and still don’t know what type of gift to get the bride :/ If you have any ideas, please share!
Is she registered for the wedding? I think most brides prefer something off the registry but if not something fun from Victoria Secret is always nice! 🙂
I looove your dress, where from?
I got it on Rent the Runway! They still have it on there – you rent for 4 or 8 days and pay them a fee and it includes the shipping and everything.