It’s race week!!! I’m happy to say that I’m feeling better today. I was feeling off starting on Thanksgiving – almost like I was about to get a cold, and it has luckily not turned into one. My legs have been heavy on runs since the taper started, but this morning’s run with 3 x 1 mile at race pace felt good. I’m on the road to recovery and feeling more and more optimistic by the day.
Let’s have some fun on race week. I was tagged for this survey (also going around under the Mustache theme) by Beth. I won’t tag anyone in particular but if you want to include it in your blog (and haven’t already), please feel free to do so!
4 Names People Call Me
- Nikki/Nicky (by relatives who have forgotten I stopped going by it circa 1988 and by a few college roommates)
- Mongita (Mike’s nickname is Mongo as a result of his voracious appetite and since we’re married and I also am quite hungry all the time, I’ve acquired this nickname)
- The Beast (for relentless energy and dedication toward training)
- Tasmania (because after I’m done with the kitchen it looks like a Tasmanian devil went through)
- Hostess at Chili’s (first job!)
- Marketing intern for a book store in Madrid, Spain (while studying abroad)
- Auditor at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Sr. Financial Analyst (current job)
4 Movies I’ve Watched More Than Once
I haven’t watched a movie over and over again in years…but in the old days these were my favorites:
- Austin Powers 2 (my best friend and I probably annoyed everyone we knew by constantly quoting this movie- riiiight).
- Home Alone
4 Books I’d Recommend
- Gone Girl
- Born to Run
- Iron War
- In Defense of Food
4 Places I’ve Lived
- Huntington Beach, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Madrid, Spain (study abroad)
- Encinitas, CA (current home and favorite of all!)
4 Places I’ve Visited
- Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Indonesia – 4 month backpacking adventure!)
- Italy (twice, once in college and for our honeymoon)
- Costa Rica (first trip with Mike in 2010!)
- Prague (my favorite European city)
4 Places I’d Rather Be Right Now
- In my bed
- On a tropical beach with a fruity drink
- Exploring a new city
- At a party with all my closest friends
4 Things I Don’t Eat (regularly that is….)
I used to be extremely picky so this list is WAY shorter than it used to be. Until college, I existed on chicken nuggets, pizza and bread only it seems.
- Fast Food (only if Chipotle doesn’t count..)
4 of my Favorite Foods
- Peaches (when perfectly ripe these are the best fruit EVER!)
- Einstein Bro’s Everything Bagel
4 TV Shows I Watch
- The Walking Dead
- Big Brother
- The Bachelor or a Spin off of the Bachelor
4 Things I’m Looking Forward to Next Year
- Zion Half Marathon trip with friends
- Visiting my Dad and Step Mom at their house in Yosemite
- Visiting my friend Erin in New Jersey/New York
- Taylor Swift Concert (Yes I already have tickets!!!)
4 Things I’m Always Saying
- I’m hungry
- Time is flying!
- I can’t wait for….
What do we have in common?
Taylor Swift concert!!! Yay!! Haha. This was very entertaining & you might have just inspired me to take up blogging again with this post…maybe.
Haha dooo it!
Backpacking through SE Asia is one of my dreams! I’ll hit you up for recommended when I eventually go 🙂
Best of luck this weekend! One foot in front of the other and have FUN!
Yes I love to tell people about my trip so please do! It was amazing.
Thank you!!! Trying to focus on each mile and each moment instead of the end goal.
So we are basically heterosexual soulmates. LOL You come to Florida. We watch movies and eat pizza. 😉
Hahaha I love it! Yes!!
GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND, Nicole!!! I’ll be cheering for you from home 🙂
I must admit- I’m super jealous of the places you’ve lived!
And I can’t believe you watched Scream often! I watched it again a few years ago and was scared for weeks!
Thanks Abby!!! Your support has been amazing. This time is THE time. It’s gonna happen!!!
All you have to do is move here… after you get your 1 year maternity leave of course. hah!
Kristin @ SweatCourage
Love this! ‘Im hungry’ was on the top of the things I always say list. Seriously always hungry… Or hangry I should say:) looks like you have travelled all over the place, lucky girl! I studied abroad in Australia and definitely caught the travel bug over there. I have never been to Europe but hope to visit one day soon.