It’s race week!!! I’m happy to say that I’m feeling better today. I was feeling off starting on Thanksgiving – almost like I was about to get a cold, and it has luckily not turned into one. My legs have been heavy on runs since the taper started, but this morning’s run with 3 x 1 mile at race pace felt good. I’m on the road to recovery and feeling more and more optimistic by the day.
Let’s have some fun on race week. I was tagged for this survey (also going around under the Mustache theme) by Beth. I won’t tag anyone in particular but if you want to include it in your blog (and haven’t already), please feel free to do so!
4 Names People Call Me
- Nikki/Nicky (by relatives who have forgotten I stopped going by it circa 1988 and by a few college roommates)
- Mongita (Mike’s nickname is Mongo as a result of his voracious appetite and since we’re married and I also am quite hungry all the time, I’ve acquired this nickname)
- The Beast (for relentless energy and dedication toward training)
- Tasmania (because after I’m done with the kitchen it looks like a Tasmanian devil went through)
- Hostess at Chili’s (first job!)
- Marketing intern for a book store in Madrid, Spain (while studying abroad)
- Auditor at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Sr. Financial Analyst (current job)
4 Movies I’ve Watched More Than Once
I haven’t watched a movie over and over again in years…but in the old days these were my favorites:
- Austin Powers 2 (my best friend and I probably annoyed everyone we knew by constantly quoting this movie- riiiight).
- Home Alone
4 Books I’d Recommend
- Gone Girl
- Born to Run
- Iron War
- In Defense of Food
4 Places I’ve Lived
- Huntington Beach, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Madrid, Spain (study abroad)
- Encinitas, CA (current home and favorite of all!)
4 Places I’ve Visited
- Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Indonesia – 4 month backpacking adventure!)
- Italy (twice, once in college and for our honeymoon)
- Costa Rica (first trip with Mike in 2010!)
- Prague (my favorite European city)
4 Places I’d Rather Be Right Now
- In my bed
- On a tropical beach with a fruity drink
- Exploring a new city
- At a party with all my closest friends
4 Things I Don’t Eat (regularly that is….)
I used to be extremely picky so this list is WAY shorter than it used to be. Until college, I existed on chicken nuggets, pizza and bread only it seems.
- Fast Food (only if Chipotle doesn’t count..)
4 of my Favorite Foods
- Peaches (when perfectly ripe these are the best fruit EVER!)
- Einstein Bro’s Everything Bagel
4 TV Shows I Watch
- The Walking Dead
- Big Brother
- The Bachelor or a Spin off of the Bachelor
4 Things I’m Looking Forward to Next Year
- Zion Half Marathon trip with friends
- Visiting my Dad and Step Mom at their house in Yosemite
- Visiting my friend Erin in New Jersey/New York
- Taylor Swift Concert (Yes I already have tickets!!!)
4 Things I’m Always Saying
- I’m hungry
- Time is flying!
- I can’t wait for….
What do we have in common?