A month or so ago I received a wonderful surprise in the mail! I was honored to be a Rock n’ Blog ambassador for the Rock n’ Roll Marathon series (the San Diego RnR marathon was my first marathon and the half is my favorite in San Diego) for the 2nd year in a row this year and one of the many benefits of this title this year was a box full of training GOODIES! I have to give a special shout out to Ashley, our fearless Rock n’ Blog leader, for her time putting together these boxes. They were spectacular and the excitement from my fellow bloggers was unreal!
So let’s get started with a tour of the box!
- Brooks Performance Hat from Brooks Running – I always wear a hat on long runs and often during shorter runs to keep the sun off my face and out of my eyes (squinting expends serious energy people!) so another quality hat to add to the mix was a welcome surprise.
- CEP Compression Socks – Super excited about this one since I do have one pair of compression socks but they are recovery only. These are actually performance socks meant to be worn during runs and I can’t wait to get back on the pavement this fall and try them out!
- 35% off Coupon for Garmin – I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Garmin Forerunner 910x and always love coupons. I actually am content with mine now, so I’d love to give away my coupon code to the first person who comments on this post asking for it (and includes their email address).
- Gatorade Endurance Formula Powder Stick
- GU Energy Gels (in fancy new designs). Gu is my race and training fuel of choice so I was very thrilled with this little treat! And even better, GU is going green with a new recycling plan. Train with GU, race with GU, and recycle your packets! TerraCycle and GU have partnered to create a Performance Nutrition Brigade, a free recycling program for performance nutrition packaging, and a fundraising opportunity for participants. Offer: Save your performance nutrition packaging and bring it to the GU booth at your next Rock ‘n’ Roll expo for your chance to win (2) race-day VIP passes!
- Coupon for 70% off Maui Jim Sunglasses – my current favorite pair of glasses are Maui Jim aviators and now I’m tempted to get another pair….
- $25 Sports Authority Gift Card – I’ll probably use mine to stock up on more Gu for when training ramps up again.
- Power bank cell charger from Transamerica
- Nature’s Path Qi’a Cranberry Vanilla Cereal – I’ve been adding this smoothies and as a nutritional add on to cereal and it’s delicious.
- 2015 Team Rock n’ Blog Brooks Technical Tee
- Personalized message from Ashley Swapp, our fearless leader! She is so sweet!
Speaking of Rock n’ Roll, it’s time to think about the Rock n’ Roll Las Vegas race! This one is definitely on my list (maybe next year!?) becuase I’ve only heard great things about running on the #StripatNight. The energy is out of this world for this race and the costumes are arguably the best of any RnR race (hello Elvis!). If you’d like to join in on the fun, I have a coupon code for $145 (that’s $15 off). Use code FITNESSFATALELV and don’t delay because this race WILL SELL OUT! If you do run it, be sure to send me your race report because I want to live vicariously through you!
Which item from the box would you be most excited about? Do you have RnR Las Vegas on your race bucket list too?