I didn’t end up with time to do a training recap this week so I’ll double up next week. I figured it’d be fun to switch it up this week and talk about some things I LOVE right now. None of these are sponsored, just things I am genuinely digging these days.
- Philz Coffee. Can’t. Stop. Drinking. Philz. Mike and I fell in love with Philz coffee in San Francisco during a visit a few years ago. Philz is different in that each cup is brewed and sweetened just for you. They have a wide variety of different beans to choose from (and your personal barista will help you choose the variety that best suits you by asking you questions if you want). As someone who always orders a mocha or latte when I go out to coffee, I can guarantee that my fellow latte lovers won’t mind making an exception for a beautifully crafted old fashion cup of joe. Since they put in the first ever San Diego location in downtown Encinitas (they know their target market), I’ve gone at least once a week, if not twice. This morning Mike even drove downtown and back before work just to get us a cup to share! We’re that addicted.
- Ed Sheeran’s Music. I got hooked on him first with a playlist that came up in Apple called “Ed Sheeran Essentials” and then I fell in love with his latest single “Shape of You.” I even consider buying concert tickets because he’s coming to town in August, but then decided I’d rather spend the money on race entires or a spa day (#priorities).
- Every book by Liane Moriarty. It all started when I read Big Little Lies (which his now a mini series on HBO! Did anyone else watch?! I loved seeing how they portrayed the characters on television, even better with super starts like Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon. I can’t see Reese without thinking of my teenage favorite movie Cruel Intentions. How she has changed since then!) and now I’m making my way through very single one of her books. My favorite so far is the Husband’s Secret. These books are easy reads that keep my mind off my own to-do list and let me just simply relax. There’s pretty much no intellectual value in them – pure entertainment. If you’re looking for something to read on the beach or on your vacation this summer, look no further.
- Dry Shampoo. I used to wash my hair EVERY day. I’ve never had the kind of hair that just looks good when you wake up, and given that I work out daily, it gets pretty greasy. But somehow my hair has gone through a transformation since being pregnant and now it’s quite thicker – which I think has something to do with the fact that I stopped washing, blow drying and (in the old says) straightening it daily. Anyway, now I wash my hair just a few days a week and use dry shampoo between washes. My favorite brand is the Living Proof brand. This discovery has saved me SO much time!
- Homemade Quinoa Mediterranean Chicken Spinach Salad. I made this yummy recipe up – I’m planning on sharing it on my first edition of my new weekly Tasty Tuesday blog post series this Tuesday! (now that I wrote it out I HAVE to do it!) I can’t stop eating this salad!
What are you loving right now?