Happy Tuesday! I’m back with my third Tasty Tuesday and today I have one of my recent favorites, and a BIG husband pleaser. Mike absolutely loves this one and I do too becuase it’s incredibly easy, really delicious, filling and healthy. This is one of the recipes I shared during my free crockpot group a few months ago and it was a major hit. I like to make this for Wednesday nights because I get home late from my group speed workout (past 8 p.m. usually) and I’m starving and want something super filling. I just make it in the afternoon and it’s ready when I am home! It makes a very large batch too so there are leftovers for days. Enjoy!
Crockpot Enchilada Turkey Quinoa
- 1.5 pounds ground turkey (basically, one package)
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (I used green in the photo but usually use red)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 large can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar or Mexican cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey until browned through. Drain out any grease and place in the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir everything together really well. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 to 3 and 1/2 hours or until the liquid is all absorbed into the mixture (if you’re doing this in the morning, set on low and leave all day – it should be fine)
- Once it is done cooking, remove the lid and stir everything again. Add the cheese on top, let it melt and then serve!
21 Day Fix Containers
Again, this one is hard since everything is mixed together. I’d basically portion out 1 red and 1 yellow and count it as 1/2 red, 1 yellow, 1 green and 1/2 blue (for the cheese).
What is your favorite crockpot recipe?