This last week has been really busy, and I have several draft posts going but so far I just haven’t managed to sit down and have the motivation to finish them. So, instead of staying dark, I thought we could get to know each other a little better! Here’s a fun running survey I saw recently. I’d love to hear your answers or at least your answer to one of these questions in the comments (or link to your blog post if you write one).
- Would you rather run along a beach path or a mountain trail? This is actually really hard. Given where I live and how much I LOVE running at the beach, I’d say beach path, but honestly some of my favorite and most memorable runs of all time are on the trails. I find myself fully engaged in running when I run on new trails, whereas when I run at the beach I tend to need distractions from a friend, music or podcast.
- If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be? Water only please! I don’t like the taste of any Gatorade and prefer to simply take salt pills for electrolytes.
- If you had a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it? New running shoes or a new Oiselle tank top or two! You can never have too many of either.
- Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run? Training plan for sure! I love planning my months and weeks and checking things off! But I also like to have some off weeks/months each year to do whatever I want.
- Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill, or start your run with the downhill and end on the uphill? Start with uphill and finish downhill for sure!
- When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do? Strength training or yoga. Lately, it’s 21 Day Fix or Beachbody on Demand Yoga Studio, but I really do love a good group yoga class at a nice studio.
- Which is your preference: out and back, point to point, or loop runs? I tend to run out and backs when I plan my own runs, but since joining the Seaside Striders Running Club, I’ve run a lot of loops. For races, I actually prefer out and back or loops over point to point because it means I get to sleep in later and don’t have to take a bus to the start!
- If you could recommend any running related item to a new runner, what would it be? I always recommend that people go get fitted for the correct running shoe before they start running. I can’t tell you how many people have unnecessary pain while running becuase of the wrong shoe!
- Do you ever see any wild animals while out of your runs? Now that I read this question, I am starting to wonder if I’ve done this survey before!? And turns out I have. But maybe you started reading after that and you probably forgot the answers since I clearly did! And if you’re curious, the answer is: pelicans and squirrels on the 101 and lizards, rabbits and rarely, a coyote, on the trails near my house.
- Ever gotten lost while out on a run? Yes! My running coach comes up with pretty crazy routes so I’ve gone off track. I always know where I am since I carry my phone with me, but I’ve definitely made some wrong turns and added mileage.
- If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days, what would it be? Eggs and avocado toast!
- Capris or shorts? Depends on the time of year. Oiselle Rogas are my short of choice – so comfortable and they don’t ride up!
- At what mile into your run does your body feel warmed up and ready to go? It really depends, but usually mile 2-3, sometimes 5!
- What do you do with your key when you run? Put it in my back pocket (and recently I forgot to zip it and dropped it in a public toilet! It was traumatizing!).
- If you could relive any race that you have done, which one would it be? I had a blast at Rock n’ Roll San Diego in 2014 when I set a PR! I ran a really solid race and negative split big time and had a lot of fun interacting with the crowd. If I could re-RACE another race with a different strategy, I’d go back to M2B and avoid getting the stomach flu beforehand!
What about you!? Answer 1 of these questions in the comments!