There are a lot of great Beachbody programs for runners, but I must say that Beachbody’s 645 is looking like it may be one of the best. Many runners actually OVERTRAIN when they try to incorporate strength training into running. 645 was created by someone who truly understands the demands of training – professional trainer to professional athletes, Amoila Cesar.
645 is designed to help you reach YOUR personal peak safely and effectively through form-focused, intentional strength training, mobility & recovery. If you’re an injury prone runner or a runner who wants to take their fitness to a whole new level, this program could be for you. I truly believe Beachbody’s 645 will be a game changer for runners!
If you’d like to join a group of runners doing 645 in a private BOD group, fill out this form and I will send you info!
Details Beachbody’s 645 Program
645 program is NOT at all like Amoila Cesar’s program 6 Weeks of The Work which was advanced, crude and intense (& honestly a personal favorite of mine! ) – but you will still get incredible results.
This is a program you NEED if you are a runner – Amolia is a personal trainer and physical therapist for professional athletes and he made this program with functional strength in mind. Functional strength means it is not just to get you “ripped” it’s designed to make your body run, lift, carry objects, and live every day live better!
645 Length, equipment and other details:
- Goal: Work your muscles without overtraining them to reach your personal peak
- 13 weeks, 45 minutes a day (30 minutes of hard work, 15 minutes mobility/recovery)
- 6 workouts/week: 4 strength training workouts, 1 cardio, 1 mobility
- Equipment: Dumbbells and Power Loops
- 4 unique stages that gradually build up reps and weights, with a recovery week to close out each stage
- Safe and effective for ALL levels with easy to follow form cues, with a modifier for those who need it
Why 645 Will be Great For Runners
As a result of the daily mobility and stretching incorporated into EVERY Single workout (don’t skip this), runners may see these benefits:
- Reduced risk of injury
- Build muscle without soreness that will impact your key running workouts
- Get more out of each move with the potential to lift heavier than you’ve ever lifted
- Increased range of motion (which helps you run more efficiently aka faster).
When you start the program, you can test your mobility in various poses (for example, can you do a squat with your feet on the floor, hands overhead, and chest up? Try it!). At the end of the program, you’ll test yourest again and see how much you’ve improved!
As a result of the functional strength training, runners may see these benefits:
- Injury prevention. Some programs are all GO GO GO, this program actually slows things down so that you can get stronger with correct form. The long warm-up prepares your body for correct form. Additionally, Amolia takes the time to coach you through and educate you on correct form throughout the entire program. When you rush through moves and try to do everything at a high level of intensity – especially when adding running on top of it – you are setting yourself up for injury.
- Strengthening of Glute Med. I have 3 girls on my team in the 645 coach test group (all runners!) and they all talked about the glute work, in particular glute med work. Not only does glute med work make your butt look great, it can help you be a better runner too. Glute med imbalances are known to cause knee injuries. Not to mention, studies have shown that the glute med produces the most muscle force out of all the hip muscles when you run – so strengthing it can help you run faster too!. (source).
- Correction of naturally occurring imbalances. Amoila incorporates a lot of one legged and unilateral moves in this program which, in addition toht mobility and stretching movements,can help correct naturally occuring muscle imbalances.
RECOVERY WEEKS WILL HELP YOU GET STRONGER WITHOUT INJURY
Recovery weeks are a key component of any well designed half or full marathon training plan. Recovery weeks help the body process the hard work, recover and come back stronger. In Beachbody’s 645 there are 4 stages of workouts and each stage builds on the last one and finishes with a recovery week (this is the first program from Beachbody that has incorporated a recovery week since P90X.). You can tell that Amoila designed this program with intention using the wealth of professional knowledge he has accumulated in his education and career. 645 isn’t about sweating buckets or pushing yourself to your limits every day. It’s about creating a strong, functional foundation to help you reach your peak, whether that’s athletically or otherwise.
WHAT KIND OF RESULTS CAN I EXPECT FROM 645?
Your results from 645 will depend on your commitment level.
Tara’s progress using Beachbody from November to June 2021. During 645, she lost 10.8 pounds and 9 inches.
Tara, a coach on my team who earned her spot in the coach test group, went all in with not only 645 but also used Ultimate Portion Fix. Tara did NOT run with the program (she had a previous running injury and before starting was in physical therapy for it).
After 13 weeks, she lost 10.8 pounds 9 inches. (Tara has lost 28 inches and 40.2 pounds since joining me last September). Much more than weight loss, I saw Tara’s confidence transform throughout this program. She loved the program from day 1 and said she was sad for it to end! Due to the way the workouts change week to week and stage to stage, she said it did not feel like a 13 week program. She’s excited to do it again!!
645 SAMPLE WORKOUT
Do you want to try out 645 for yourself? Use this link to do the sample workout!
WHEN CAN I DO 645 & HOW CAN I GET SUPPORT?
645 releases to priority members & coaches on July 6th and to customers on July 19th. Our accountability group begins on July 6th and will extend 13 weeks after the July 19th customer window. Come do this with an incredibly supportive, encouraging and motivating group of fellow runners!!!
Also, Beachbody is adding in a $45 incentive for those who go all in with 645!!
If you’re ready to go and want to join our 645 accountability group that will be full of runners and access my free 645 and running hybrid plan, please fill out this form and I will send you info!
Leave a Reply