645 is one of my favorite Beachbody programs for runners. 645 is a functional strength and mobility program and I truly believe it’s the best program for ANY athlete that Beachbody has ever created.
Why 645 Is Such a Great Program For Runners
GET ACCESS TO 645 AND RUNNING SCHEDULES HERE.
Here is why I believe 645 is the best program for runners:
- Focus on Mobility. 645 workouts include a long, dynamic warm up which helps prevent injury by making your body more mobile. There is also a 45 minute mobility workout to be completed every single week as part of the program plus bonus workouts to work on mobility in a specific area.
- Deliberate Progression Reduces Injury Risk. The 645 workouts progress week to week within 3 phases. Each week and phase prepares your body to take on more load and more complex moves in future weeks. This reduces the risk of injury and also means that you are not going to be super sore throughout the entire program. Soreness can sometimes scare runners away from strength training!
- Focus on Correct Form. Amoila takes his time to explain the biomechanics behind the moves and is constantly correcting form. If you’re at all into knowing the WHY behind what you’re doing, you’ll love 645.
You can read my 645 and running blog post if you want more details the format of the program.
Why Some Runners May Not Like 645
While I loved 645 and many of the runners I coach did as well, there were some people who didn’t love it as much. These are the reasons why people quit 645 before they finished.
- Workouts are 45 minutes. Many runners don’t want to make time for 45 minute workouts. I created a hybrid calendar to help you combine your running with 645, but I understand that not everyone has time to run AND do 45 minute workouts. If that’s the case, 645 could be a great off season Beachbody program for runners.
- The pace is slow. Amoila takes his time explaining form and often takes a while to begin his 5 second count down. The pace at times can feel frustratingly slow. You will need to self coach yourself to BE PATIENT and realize that your body also needs rest between reps.
My 645 and Running Results & Before and After 645 Photos
When 645 was released in July, I jumped right in after returning from Costa Rica. I was SO excited to follow a program after 5 weeks of doing random workouts. Having a program to follow helps me to achieve the best results. Since my Spring half marathon, I had put on about 5-7 pounds as well. I knew that working out alone was not going to help me lose weight and get the best results possible with 645. So while I did 645 and ran 4 days a week, I also drank shakeology almost every day and followed 2B mindset. I also used Energize before most of my workout sand Recover after my hard efforts. I truly believe that the supplements helped me keep up with the demands of my workouts and runs and that Recover helped me reduce muscle soreness so that I could give each workout my all.
In 13 weeks of 645, I lost 5.5 lbs and 5 inches. I feel SO STRONG!!! I felt so confident in Mexico! And I’m running stronger and faster now that I’ve shifted focus to training for my December half.
I honestly wasn’t sure I could be this fit again. But, if I’m also honest, my eating habits have slipped. With just a few changes using 2B mindset, the weight came off and I did not ever feel restricted. I still splurged on date nights and girls nights and went on 2 trips during my time with 645.
My 645 Journey Was NOT Perfect
I will admit that at one point I got 2 weeks behind with 645. I ran the Surf city Half Marathon in September while I was in Phase 2 of 645. While Surf City wasn’t a goal race, I did take the week before the race off from my workouts. But after the race, I recommitted and made a goal to finish 645 before my coach reward trip to Mexico in October. I mapped out all the workouts and for a couple weeks I had to do 6 645 workouts in a week to finish! But I did it! IN a perfect world we’d do the workout plan exactly as its written but in a real world we have to make changes. What I didn’t do was give up. I made a plan to finish and went for it. I saw the MOST changes in my body in the first couple weeks (when I was following 2B mindset the most closely) and the final few weeks when I was in phase 3, during the harder workouts. Remember, if you have weight loss or body composition goals then nutrition is going to be the vast majority of your results. With 2B mindset, I found it easier to eat according to my hunger on the days I ran and did a 645 workout , as compared to the times I’ve used Portion Fix.
3 645 and Running Hybrid Calendars
I have created 3 645 and running hybrid calendars based on your individual needs. I also created a quiz that will help you determine which calendar you want to do.
GET ACCESS TO 645 AND RUNNING SCHEDULES HERE.
When Does 645 Release on Beachbody On Demand for all Customers?
New Beachbody programs are always released with VIP access first. VIP access is free with a Total Solution challenge pack or it can be purchased for an additional fee. The VIP access window is about to expire and on November 19th, 645 will move over to the Beachbody member library for everyone to access.
Want to Join My Run-Lift-Fuel group and do 645 with a group of runners?
I specialize in helping runners incorporate Beachbody workouts and nutrition programs into their running routine and training schedule. Runners of all levels – from the recreational runner to Boston marathoners are welcome!. Take part in special accountability groups for runners and also partner with a run coach to provide extra support, training tools and resources for my customers. If you’d like to join our November 15th Run-Lift-Fuel group, please get more information and fill out the form here.
If you’d like to work together and want more guidance on which program and group is best for you, please fill out the form below!
Leave a Reply