It is very possible to run while you do LIIFT More. However, it may mean some modifications. Here are insights from a marathoner and Beachbody coach on how to incorporate into your running.
3 Free LIIFT More And Running Hybrid Schedules
I’ve created 3 Free LIIFT More and Running Calendars for you.
- Recreational Runner: All 5 LIIFT More Workouts and 3 Runs/Week
- Advanced Runner & LIFTER: All 5 LIIFT More Workouts & 4-5 Runs
- 3 LIIFT Workouts/Week Calendar: A calendar for those runners training for a race like a half or full marathon or who do not want to do 2 workouts/day.
Tips for Running with Beachbody’s LIIFT More
Watch this video for my insights as a marathoner & Beachbody coach on combining LIIFT More with running.
LIIFT More & Running Tips:
Not sure if you want to do LIIFT More yet? Learn more about LIIFT More and running here. If you’re committed, here’s my top tips for combing LIIFT More with Running:
- This program is intense. Even though there’s 3 upper body lifting days, they will tire you out! Be prepared to notice you need more recovery time or that it will impact your running. It’s ok to run your easy runs slower to compensate.
- If you’re training for a race I recommend lifting a little lighter on leg day. You don’t want to be sore for 3-4 days (happened to me with chest day!)
- Choose your priority – is your priority to gain muscle and complete LIIFT more 100% Great! Is your priority to run or train for a race? GREAT! But know your priority so on the inevitable days when you can’t do it all, you know which workout to do and which to skip or push out.
- Drink Recover after EVERY LIIFT More workout and EVERY speed workout or long run you do. Yes, I’ve been taking it twice a day sometimes. This will actually prevent you from getting hangry and overeating/binging later on less healthy options. Plus it’ll help your muscles recover better so you can really get the most out of it!
- If you’re following a nutrition program, make adjustments. You will be more hungry. Remember Recover is a free food (not a red). You cannot do this program and be in bracket A. Honestly I think most people who are running with LIIt More need to be in at least bracket C, even if you want to lose weight. If you stick tot he food lists and do plan C and these workouts, you probably will still lose weight.
- If you aren’t following a nutrition program, note you’ll still be extra hungry and just make sure you’re fueling enough to keep up with it all!
- This is one of the most intense programs we’ve combined with running (since the Work) so just know you will need more rest!
You’ve got this!
Click to subscribe and receive your 3 Free LIIFT More and Running Hybrid Schedules.