These Banana Oat Zucchini Carrot Muffins are both Gut Protocol and kid approved. They will keep a hungry runner fueled while following 4 Week Gut protocol! They have no added sugar and are dairy free and gluten free.
Gut Protocol Banana Oat Zucchini Carrot Muffins Origin Story:
My counter was overflowing with overripe bananas. Tomorrow I am running 19 miles with a portion at race pace. I am on day 5 of 4 Week Gut Protocol. I need carbohydrates but I need it to be quality fuel!
I quickly looked at the recipes on Beachbody on Demand for Gut Protocol and could not find a banana based muffin. To the internet I went, googling “gluten free banana muffins” until I came up with the right recipe.
Gut Protocol Banana Oat Zucchini Carrot Muffins Recipe
This recipe is adapted from Ambitious Kitchen’s Healthy Gluten Free Banana Muffins and were partially inspired by Run Fast, Eat Slow’s “Super Hero Muffins.”
Ambitious kitchen is one of my favorite food bloggers and she has a lot of gut protocol friendly and VERY flavorful recipes.
I doubled the recipe in anticipation of having 3 kids, my mom and my husband eating them as well. The recipe only called for 10 muffins. When I doubled the recipe it created 22 with the way I portioned it out.
Ingredients (Already Doubled)
- Wet Ingredients
- 2 heaping cups mashed, ripe banana
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups packed almond flour
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (I put dry oats in the food processor to make this)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy life) + 2-3 tablespoons mini for sprinkling on top
- Veggies (this was my addition to the recipe)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 350. Use muffin tins and spray with coconut oil.
2. Beat wet ingredients together.
3. Combine dry ingredients and mix
4. Fold in dry ingredients into wet.
5. Add veggies and chocolate chips.
6. Pour into muffin tins & sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
Do Gut Protocol With Me
I am 5 days into this round of 4 Week Gut Protocol and I have so much energy! I can’t believe how great I feel this week. It has been so dramatic that I am very motivated to keep it going!
I’d love to help you do 4 Week Gut Protocol so that you can see if you feel amazing, run faster, have better digestion and sleep better!
Learn more about 4 Week Gut Protocol and what it can do for you!