Starting in 2023, Beachbody on Demand and Beachbody on Demand Interactive (BODi) will become one platform. Does this sound confusing? Trust me, this is going to make things SO much more simple for not only users, but coaches too!
Here’s how BODi will work.
The Difference Between Beachbody on Demand (BOD) and Beachbody on Demand Interactive (BODi)
In 2021, Beachbody launched Beachbody on Demand Interactive, or BODi. According to the Beachbody Blog,
BODi’s state-of-the-art streaming platform turns your living room into the world’s most exciting home gym, where you can tap into the energy and accountability of live and on-demand studio classes on your own schedule.”Beachbody on Demand Blog
What does it REALLY mean?
Beachbody on Demand:
- This houses Beachbody’s traditional fitness programs. The most popular Beachbody programs are 21 Day Fix, P90X, Insanity, LIIFT4, 80 Day Obsession, and #MBF.
- Programs are created & led by one (or sometimes 2) super trainer (Autumn Calabrese, Amoila Cesar, Joel Freeman, etc.).
- Beachbody programs have a set number of workouts, a workout calendar that tells you exactly what to do on each day, and are created with a “theme.”
- Beachbody programs either have no music or basic music in the background.
Beachbody on Demand Interactive (BODi):
- BODi classes, as of 2022, are not organized into programs with a workout calendar. They are standalone classes. (This will change in 2023 with the introduction of BODi “Super Blocks” and “BODi Blocks”.)
- BODi classes are taught by not just super trainers, but other BODi trainers as well.
- BODi workouts are originally streamed LIVE, similar to Peloton classes, with a specific start time and end time. After the class if recorded, it is shared to the BODi platform where it can be played back later. You do not have to be on live to do a BODi workout.
- BODi classes are all set to hit music that is selected by the trainer. You can adjust volume for music AND for the trainer’s voice to your liking.
- BODi classes feature the “BOD cast” – a live group of BODi members who are working out on screen. this allows the trainer to do live coaching of people’s form! BODi is the only technology that does this and allows people who workout from home to get real time form corrections & learn from them.
Important: New members must opt into BODi to get access to Portion Fix and 2B Mindset. All members, new and old, will also be able to access additional monthly, seasonal deep dive nutrition videos, recipes and meal plans under “Portion Fix on BODi” and “2B Mindset on BODi” (see image below for example of what kind of bonus content you’ll get.
How I use Beachbody on Demand vs. BODi
I am a die-hard Beachbody program person I truly believe that having the workout calendar is the magic behind Beachbody. The reason P90X completely transformed my life and my body was because I stuck to the workout calendar and I did the workouts in a particular order.
However, I really like the music in the BODi workouts. The workouts feel a bit more casual and the super trainers have more fun and let their personalities out more. It’s easy to scan BODi’s library and find workouts that I want to do and there’s always something I’ve never done before.
As a runner, BODi is great because not all Beachbody programs are well suited for runners who run 4+ days a week and can’t do double days. With BODi, you can easily fit in a strength workout when you need it and not worry about skipping anything.
BOD & BODi Changes in 2023
Beachbody is changing it’s name to BODi and integrating BOD + BODi into one platform (this will be fully rolled out by February 2024). YAY! This means all this content in one place and you can choose how you want to use it.
In the meantime, there will still be two platforms – Beachbody on Demand and BODi (you MUST have Beachbody on Demand to access BODi).
Fewer Beachbody Programs But More Content: Introducing Monthly BODi Blocks
Things are getting simpler over here, but that doesn’t mean there’s less content. In fact, there is actually MORE!
On the first Monday of every month, 4 new BODi Blocks will be released with the same format:
- 3 Weeks
- 5 workouts/week
- 30 minute workouts
- Starts the first Monday
- 4th week is a Functional Recovery week
This format is simple and effective. The BODi blocks are intentionally structured to maximize results and keep things interesting!
There are 4 Types of BODi Blocks to Choose From Each Month, With All New Workouts Every Time!
Choose the block that is best for you:
All BODi Block
Beginner Block (Again, having those live form corrections from the BOD cast is SO crucial for beginners!)
Can you do the BODI Block workouts anytime you want?
Yes, the goal of the BODi block is simply to complete all 5 workouts each week. You can do them in the order that works for you (as a runner, for example I wouldn’t do leg day on Friday if I’m running long Saturday). If you’re a runner who doesn’t want to do more cardio, you can swap the cardio out for runs or do another workout instead.
Are BODI blocks live workouts? Do I have to be there at a certain time?
BODi block workouts are prerecorded.
What is a BODi Super Block?
A Super Block is a special monthly block that replicates some of the favorite Beachbody programs, but using the BODi block format.
For example, in April 2023, Autumn Calabrese will do a “21 Day Fix” Super Block and in May 2023, Shaun T will do a “T-25” Super Block. Super Blocks can be unlocked with purchase OR if you have an active subscription of a supplement like Shakeology or our Performance Line Energize/Recover, you will get the super blocks for free!
In November 2022, Autumn Calabrese is releasing a FREE super to BODi members called “Healthy Obsession” which will feature hour long workouts in the same format as 80 Day Obsession. To join me in doing Healthy Obsession (& get a calendar for running with it if needed), please fill out this form.
Are Beachbody Programs Going Away?
Going forward, Beachbody will release 2 standalone super trainer programs per year (ex: The new Sure Thing program by Megan Davies), releasing in December and July each year.
How Much Does BODi Cost & How Do I Buy It?
Beachbody recently lowered the price of the annual BODi when combined with annual BOD membership to only $179. This is a savings of $179 ($119 + (12 x $19.99) =$358.88) compared to annual BOD with a monthly BODi membership. Buy a BOD + BODi membership here (if I am listed as your coach, I will reach out and help you set a plan to achieve your goals).
Beachbody also lowers the price of BOD+BODi total solution packs to just $219. This is the best deal and gets you 1 year of BOD, 1 Year of BODi + Shakeology or Energize and Recover. If you reach out to me, I’ll help you get set up & also share a $20 off promo code too!
How Do I Upgrade My Membership to BODi?
The image above shows you how to upgrade your Beachbody on Demand membership to include annual BODi.
I’m a Runner – How Will I Use BODi?
For me personally, with the change, I will continue to do Beachbody programs in my running off season to build strength and create focus and will stick with BODi during my half and full marathon training cycles.
I am also going to be utilizing this change to make my groups even better!!!
Here’s what you can expect from me as your coach in 2023:
Introducing: Your Best Run Year Ever
Your Best Run Year Ever is a community for runners that will challenge you and encourage you to have your “best running year ever!”
Details are coming soon, but here’s some of what you can expect from “Your Best Run Year Ever”:
- Monthly running calendars combined with BODi workouts and/or Beachbody programs (basic calendar OR speed work/long run calendars for those training for races of any distance)
- Monthly call to help you goal set for the following month with featured expert speakers to provide you with knowledge to take your running to the next level
- Weekly running mindset content to give you more joy, peace and focus on the run
- Nutrition support/guidance during our monthly recovery/nutrition focused week
- An engaged, excited community of fellow runners who are leveling up together
- Fun challenges to keep you motivated and focused & meet other runners
Join the waitlist now for “Your Best Run Year Ever” and don’t miss important updates and information once it’s released. Fill out this form now: https://forms.gle/BXA9CiRHVEMXsAHf6
Questions about BODI?
Are you confused? Please ask questions here and I will do another blog post with a Q&A on BODi to answer any questions.
Trust me, it may be seem more complicated now, but in the long run this is going to make things so much easier.
Every month you will start on the first Monday of the month. You’ll commit to 5 workouts/week for 3 weeks. During the final week, you’ll recover, rest, and restore and focus on nutrition and setting yourself to start again.