Do you have a goal to lose weight this holiday season using Beachbody, but you also want to enjoy your holidays?
The holidays is a VERY busy time of year and a lot of socializing is centered around food and drink. But that doesn’t mean you can’t work toward your weight loss goals.
Today I was reading over the goals of the women who are joining my upcoming Beachbody accountability group, the Friendly Fitness Competition. I noticed that many of the women have weight loss goals, even during the holidays. I want to make sure they feel supported and encourage in their goals. I’m guessing that the other women out there who want to lose weight over the holiday too, so I recorded a video with some tips!
Why Waiting Til the New Year Isn’t the Answer
You may be tempted to wait until the new year to lose weight. However, if you work toward establishing healthier habits over the holidays you’re going to reap many benefits:
- More energy for the events, parties & time spent with your kids
- Sleep better
- Avoid holiday weight gain that the average person puts on
- Support your overall health. If you’re not eating veggies and eating a lot of sugar everyday for 2 straight months, that’s 16% of your year, EVERY year.
I’ve Lost Weight Over the Holidays with Beachbody
Losing weight over the Thanksgiving & Christmas season IS possible. During both of my postpartum weight loss journeys I lost weight over the holidays. First, I lost 3 pounds during Phase 1 of P90x in December. The second time, I did 80 Day Obsession over the holidays while on journey to lose 30 pounds after having my twins.
5 Tips for Weight Loss Beachbody Portion Fix or 2B Mindset over the Holidays
My tips for losing weight over the holidays:
- Choose one meal a week to indulge. This can be thanksgiving day, the party you’re attending, a date night or anything you want. I usually did 1 meal and 1 other night were I’d have wine or alcohol but stick to my eating plan.
- Set a goal number of veggies to eat per day (I recommend at 4) and drink Shakeology every day. You can also make dessert out of Shakeology if you’ve got a big sweet tooth!
- Plan your meals ahead and plan for crockpots meals or leftovers on busy nights like school recitals, events, etc. where treats will be served or you’ll be getting home late.
- You don’t HAVE to eat all treats offered. Be selective. Your grandma makes the best fudge on earth? Have some! Your coworker brings in See’s candy or donuts…. skip it. Do you need to eat every thing that is offered? No.
- Carry your water bottle & healthy snacks (my go to purse snacks are an apple, almonds, and a Beachbar) with you everywhere. This is really a tip for any weight loss journey but being hydrated helps prevent cravings. Having snacks on hand at all times prevents getting too hungry and then caving and eating the pizza at the recital
Remember, This Time Of Year Is to Be Enjoyed!
There are so many things about the holiday season that are enjoyable – the lights, the excited kids, the tree, the family gatherings AND the food. Remember you can enjoy the holidays without overindulging and you can also lose weight WHILE having your favorite foods. Ideally, while losing weight you are simply setting yourself up with healthy habits you can sustain for a lifetime.
Grandma’s pecan pie comes once a year, so enjoy it and then keep living your healthy lifestyle.
If you’d like to join the friendly fitness competition starting Monday, November 14th, there’s a spot for you! Choose any Beachbody or BODi program (and I can provide a running schedule if needed), and join our community for healthy tips and some friendly competition!
Fill out this form and I”ll get in touch with info. If the start of the group has passed and you’d like to work together, please fill out this form. In December I’ll be running a “21 Days of Fitmas” Group.