BODi Blocks are a new, exciting feature of Beachbody’s transition to BODi in 2023. In this blog post I cover all the things you need to know about BODi Blocks.
Introducing: Monthly BODi Blocks!
According to Beachbody FAQ “A BODi Block consists of 5 workouts a week for 3 weeks, followed by an optional UP Week to recover and reset. All workouts are set to popular music so you can work out to today’s greatest hits.”
There are 4 all new BODI Blocks released every month:
- All-BODi Block (Strength & cardio mix)
- Bike Block (Cycling workouts)
- For Beginners Only BODI Block (For those newer to fitness)
- Iron BODI Block (Weight lifting focus)
With BODi Blocks, you won’t see the same workout twice, you’ll see a variety of different trainers, allowing for consistent growth but also minimizing any level or boredom because of repetition.
How BODi Blocks Work
- BODI blocks are pre-recorded so you do NOT have have to be there at a certain time.
- BODi Blocks are designed to be started on the first Monday of the month but you can start when you want.
- Each BODi Block has 5 workouts/week but each workout is from a different trainer.
- You’ll see a mix of your favorite super trainers (Amoila Cesar, Joel Freeman, Autumn Calabrese) and the BODi trainers you may not be as familiar with who are also awesome!
- Each week the workouts have the same name, but it’s a different trainer teaching them. (ex: Week 1 iron block Leg day is Joel, Week 2 iron block leg day is Shaun T!)
- Every month, after your UP Week (recovery week), you’ll get a WHOLE NEW BODi Block with NEW workouts. It’s basically like there’s 4 new programs launching each month (plus the Super Blocks….)
- You DO get a badge for completing a BODi block!! (My Type A heart sings!)
I am so eager to have the same schedule and routine every. single. month. moving forward!! You always know you will have a “fresh start” on the first Monday of every month and you can join my BOD group anytime!
BODi Block Resources
Not only will you get the ACTUAL workouts to help lead you to success in your journey toward better HEALTH… but you will get resources that align!
Resources include a calendar to track your progress daily, mindset videos, recipes with good for you ingredients, but don’t lack flavor… and so much more! There are meal plans and recipes for the Beachbody nutrition programs 2B Mindset and Portion Fix.
The 4 BODI Blocks will have workouts from a variety of trainers & are included with your BODi Membership. Each month there will be one special “Super Block” from one of the Super Trainers (Healthy Obsession was a free sample of this!).
The Super Block will be a BODi Block spin on your favorite program. ALL workouts in a Super Block are from the same trainer. The Super Block will still follow the 3 week, 5 workouts/week, format, but the moves will be similar to your favorite programs. Another bonus: like all BODi workouts, they will include hit music to bring even more energy to your favorites!
For example, I was chosen to be part of the BODCast for the filming of April’s Super Block, 21 Day Fix with Autumn Calabrese. There are 5 30 minute workouts per week. Just like in 21 Day Fix, you’ll do a move for 1 minute with 30 seconds rest. But the moves are ALL NEW! (And Autumn is REALLY bringing it with her mindset talk in this program – get ready to be in a great mood every day!).
The first 2 Super Blocks – Healthy Obsession & For Beginner’s Only are included in your BODi membership. After that, Super Blocks are released monthly (see image above for the calendar).
How to Access a BODi Super Block
You can get lifetime access to a super block in 1 of 2 ways:
1) Have a nutritional order subscription of at least $120 in the month prior to the block (aka Shakeology, Performance Stack (Energize/Recover), etc). You will get an email notifying you that you’ve unlocked the block after your subscription is charged.
2) Purchase the Super Block for $29.99
You can still get the full benefits of BODi without purchasing any Super Blocks. since I have a recurring subscription of Shakeology I will get them all but I may not actually do them all. I will most likely do my favorites – 21 Day Fix, 4 weeks for Every Body, #MBF and LIIFT More & will stick to the Iron Block (since I love lifting) for the rest of the time. You get to customize it based on YOUR favorite trainers and your focus.
Look for more info on the 21 Day Fix Super Block in March. Your March supplement subscription will unlock this Block.
BOD Group Support & BODi Blocks & Running
|I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT BODI BLOCKS FOR RUNNERS!|
I love that BODi blocks align with a running schedule – 3 weeks of work, 1 week of recovery.
I love that the the BODI blocks have just 5 workouts/week, which is much easier for a runner to manage! Here’s how I am going to be incorporating the Super Blocks into my support and run schedules for you:
1) In Best Run Year Ever, we will be creating Super Block & Run schedules monthly. (we’ll also be giving you some guidance on updating the current schedules that we created before we saw the BODi Block schedules).
2) In Best Run Year Ever, we are creating a beginner/return to running schedule that will include the strength workouts from the new BODi Block For Beginners Only. (These are available for free as part of a total solution pack purchase or for purchase for $50 separately). Our March theme is going to be “Running Foundations” geared toward educating you on running foundational principles.
3) I will also have a non running BOD group to support you with any program or BODi Block.
FOR BEGINNERS ONLY SMALL SUPPORT GROUP:
|I am running “For Beginners Only” BOD group that will be limited to JUST BEGINNERS or those returning to fitness. If you’re interested, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/81LG6a2UG4WeU7sK6 |
Learn more about “For Beginners Only” here (you can send this video to a loved one – I sent it to my mom and she may do it! I’m so excited!)
HOW TO GET BODI & COMMON FAQ
Will Beachbody on Demand programs go away?
No! All of the Beachbody on Demand programs will continue to be available to you with your current membership even if you have not upgrade to BODi yet.
How to Do A Super Block:
If you already have BODi: GREAT! You’ll be able to “sign up” for the March BODi Blocks now and they will begin in March.
If you are a BOD member who wants BODi Access NOW! You can choose to upgrade to BODi by upgrading your membership or (best deal) getting a Total Solution Pack (please reach out to me to help with the Total Solution Pack option or go to Memberships & Subscriptions and select “upgrade to total solution pack.)
If you are a BOD member who isn’t in a rush to upgrade to BODi: Your BOD membership will stay as is (no BODi access) until your next renewal date. 35 days before your renewal, you’ll get a trial access to BODi so you can check it out!
Once your BOD renewal day arrives, you’ll be automatically renewed for BOD/BODi at the pre paid rate of $179/year ($14.91/month). If you absolutely do NOT want to upgrade to BODi, I’d recommend canceling BOD this month and re-purchasing a 1 year membership ($119) or total solution pack $160) this month before that option is no longer available. This only makes sense if your BOD is set to renew anytime in the new few months. (Please reach out to your coach for this or you can contact me if you are not working with a coach).
Remember, ALL your favorite current programs will remain on BODi. PLUS…you will get 4 BODi Blocks to choose from a month. There will also be 2 traditional program launches a year AND 1 Super Block option every month.
I’m pretty sure you will never run out of exciting workouts. The question is….WHICH ONE WILL YOU CHOOSE!?
If you have any questions about your membership or options, remember as your BODi coach I’m here to answer them! Thank you for your patience during this transition and I have to say that I’ve never been more excited about where our company is headed.
* My new BODi Coach Basics mentorship starts Wednesday. We’re on a mission to be a top 10 BODi Team this year and I’m looking for women who want to help others & be part of Team Run the World! Go here to get more info about coaching & my mentorship.
If you do not already have a BODI coach and would like support with your health & fitness goals, please fill out the form below to work with me. I run 2 BOD groups/month (one for runners & one for non runners) on the BOD groups platform.